Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ipod 8GB

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other Name it:

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Daddy

The wife and I looking into buying an MP3 player for use in our vehicles, and for airline travel. I have been reading about them and am now throughly confused. We are not big on watching a movie on the thing, but are not adverse to having the video option either. Mostly for music, to avoid carring aroung the Cd's, etc.

PCMag.com rated the Samsung YP-U3 as #1, followed by the Sansa Express, than in 3rd the iPod Nano 8GB. I am not thrilled about the Sansa Express as it has no power adapter available. So you folks with some experience and knowledge let me hear from you! And thanks...

"Creative" brand mp3 players are choice.
I for one have never been a fan of the "iPod" range for the simple reason that every single mate of mine thats owned one - has had problems with it.
IMO anyways.

My sister has an ipod nano and loves it - never had a prob. But it isn't the best value for money. Don't bother with the video one unless you want to cart them around for playback on bigger screens. I think it's just a gimmick - no-one likes to watch video on a small screen.

Why do you want one? Probably so that you can listen to anything you want when you want without having to cart about a bunch of CD's. So ideally you want a unit with adequate memory (4GB should be), decent battery, decent connection options, VERY easy to use file structure/access, capable of handling several formats, and good form factor.

The ipod has some of these, but not all.
However, if you end up with one you probably will be happy.

upgraded my ipod 20gb to a 30gb video earlier this year and haven't looked back. video podcasts of the news are great to tote around. and, in the car passengers can watch movies that u sync from itunes.

if u'r buying an ipod soon, u may want to hold off, as the product line is due for fall back-to-school refresh:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

happy shopping

Big Daddy

I went with the ipod 30 gig, and bought the Sonic Impact Video55 dock, 7 inch screen with excellent sound including a good amount of bass. This thing is fantastic and will be a real pleasure on our flights to Hawaii and road trips! Thanks for all the advice and information!