Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Daddy

I am considering switching from my current cable TV provider, Comcast, to another system but am not sure whcih way to go. I like to watch Speed TV, TLC, Discovery, HGTV, FNC, CNN and others. I prefer HD but am willing to settle for regular TV assuming the price is right. What are your experiences with either and how much $$ is too much?

Well I'm late too......as a lot of people are considering some kind of change.....I think it is ridiculous that cable/internet services are now almost $160.00 a month. What do you mean upgrade your cable??

Tom

Staff Team
I went from satellite back to cable. Tried it for two years and I just didn't like my service. For some reason we kept on getting poor reception during the noon hours. I think its due to a large tree we had in our front yard, but they said it wasn't the case.[scratch]

So now I have a satellite in front of my house doing nothing.[:p]

Big Daddy

Tom it is sun spots from global warming, signed your friend Al Gore...hehe

Lisha I was considering upgrading to HD digital cable, which is what I did. After comparing I got a great deal from my cable company, internet, expanded hd TV and telephone for $99.00 per month.

I wonder myself if I have a good deal. I went for all in one with AT&T - 3 phone lines, Internet - Extreme and I am around 180-190 per month. Add on Satellite between 60-80, depending how many movies my kids order, and finally 130 for my cell. services - again -3 lines there too...

It is way too much for information... I am thinking going back to cable too. My wife is notnhappy with satellite neither... a little storm and here goes the signal...

any thoughts?

Big Daddy

My daughter has the same issues in Hawaii where she lives, no cable option. When it rains or they get the seasonal storms her satellite goes out. I also found out my HOA (Home owners association) forbids the dish being on the front of the home amd I am not sure I could get a signal from the back side.

First we had regular cable, then we had DirecTV, then we had digital cable. I liked satellite (DirecTV), a lot more than digital cable. Now we have FIOS and it is the best. HGTV is available in HD, which I really enjoy among the other HD channels. I highly recommend FIOS if it is available in your area; even our installers were very confident about their product.

Comcast ripped me off when I lived in LA. I'm boycotting them. I'm amazed they gave you such a good deal. They wanted $30/mo for what they claimed was "basic" cable. However, that didn't include ESPN or MTV and a bunch of other channels I would consider in the "basic" cable category.

I have Dish Network now. HD with DVR. I like it. Only $60/mo. I think Comcast out here was $80 or so for something similar. Cable modem would have been $40/mo if you had cable with them or $55 if you didn't. I think that's nuts when I'm getting pretty fast DSL from AT&T for $25/mo (it can go as low as $15/mo).

Tom

Staff Team
You must watch a fair amount of TV to justify the cost.
IMO i wouldn't be able too.

What shows do you usually watch?
Dan spends the afternoon watching The Young and The Restless, Oprah, Martha Stewart. During the evening hours he enjoy watching MTV's "The Hills" and "Pimp My Ride" for some idea on fixing his M Roadster.[;)]

Big Daddy

Dan spends the afternoon watching The Young and The Restless, Oprah, Martha Stewart. During the evening hours he enjoy watching MTV's "The Hills" and "Pimp My Ride" for some idea on fixing his M Roadster.[;)]
Haha, how did you know Tom? Actually that is not all that much money, that is internet cable connection, unlimited telephone (including long distance) and HD cable tv 100 channels.

I watch the CSI series, With Out a Trace, NASCAR (or almost any race event), Food Network, Dirty Jobs, and Amercian Chopper. Not always but when I can. Oh yeah and the ones Tom mentioned![rolleyes]