Looking For an X

I'm close to getting a X 5 or X3 not sure...I like the X3 only because of the size....really don't need the room....but the V8 of the X5 is something that has my interest....I'm going to look for a lease trade in for this one.....Anyone have any feed back on years, web sites that I can look at comparisons or write up's....not Edmunds or KBB....I want something objective as well

Thanks

X5 is taller and drive like a truck - Man loves that. X3 has more sport car feel...w/ that I can slip though the traffic like a regular 3er.

pop

I Can Comment With Certainty About The X5 ,i Have Been The Proud ,happy And Satisfied Owner Of An X5 Since 2002..the Vehicle Has Never Failed To Start Smoothly And With The Smooth Sound Of Driving Pleasures To Come That Day ...admittedly I Am Somewhat Over The Top When It Comes To Treating The Vehicle With Respect But At The Same Time Putting Her Through Her Paces At Ant Given Opportunity..after All Thats Why I Drive A Bmw, Tomake Driving As Much Fun As Possible.
A Far As Taking Care Of The X5 , I Can Only Be As Honest As I Am With My Son On This Subject ...take Care Of It And It Will Take Care Of You , As In Change The Oil Every 3000 Or 4000 Miles Tops ...lift The Hood On A Regular Basis And Survey The Engine Compartment ..all Clean As Possible And In Order If Not Get A Rag And Cleaner And Gently Put It In To Order ...as Far As Using The Machine Goes Drive Firmly And In Control But Gently ..let The Engine And Components Do Their Thing ,and Learn To Enjoy The Sound And Feel Of It .....every Green Light Does Not Have To Be The Start Of The Gran Prix..driving Can Be Relaxing And A Pleasure It Doesnt Have To Be A Scene From "mad Max"...hey We Are All Going To Wind Up In The Same Place Eventually Lets
Make The Trip As Rewarding As We Can .
As I Guess You Have Figured Out By Now I Love My X5 ..it Gets My Vote ,i Cant Speak For Anyone Else But My X5 Is Trouble Free And Reliable ...but Then Again I Treat It Right!
Good Luck On Your Decision Pop

Gypsyhawk

Happy with my X-3

I have had a 2004 X-3 2.5 since August 2004. They stopped putting the 2.5 engine in them but I LOVE mine...I get great gas mileage and the thing drives like a sports car!!! I live on a twisty windy country road near Bowling Green and every moring I look foward to the drive to work. The X-drive Stability control automatically keeps me from spinning out when the road is slick. The V8 X-5 has more power but it also has a lot more weight. I work at a BMW dealer so I get to drive both...depending on what type of driving experience you are looking for (and how much you want to spend...the X-5 can cost as much as $10000 to $20000 more depending on options). Both come with 4 year 50,000 mile FREE maintenance!!!