Diesel X3 0-60 10.2 sec vs Merc-Benz X55 (AMG)

[bigcry] Mercedes-Benz has confirmed it will produce a compact 4x4 to take on BMW’s X3 and Land Rover’s Freelander. The junior off-roader was scooped by Autocar last year, and X-class or MLK are the strongest possibilities for its name.

The vehicle will be built at Mercedes’ Bremen factory, which currently assembles the C-class saloon, CLK, SLK and SL models. It is therefore likely to share much of its layout with the upcoming C-class, including the 4matic four-wheel-drive system offered in Europe.

There could be AMG versions in the pipeline as well — the names X55 and X63 have been registered. It’s unlikely the new 4x4 will arrive before 2007. [hatchet]

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=214901

Sounds like Mercedes is gonna give the X3 a run for it's life. If the new X-Class or MLK has the quality as the new ML appears to have.....I think MBZ will steal A LOT of sales from prospective X3 buyers.

I've been saying it for a while....Mercedes is tired of being the "crappy" premium Euro marque. I think they are going to do a 180 soon....and restore their severly tarnished 3-pointed star to it's once luminous and predatory status!!!

Pass auf!! BMW. Der Stern wacht auf. Für den Stern, auf dem wir leben!!! [}:)]

I really need some alcohol right now. My colleague, who owns a ML, asked me, "You know what BMW stands for?" Of course, I gave her some German right away. She said, "Oh, No! It stands for Break My Window!!!!!!!!! [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Stitch said:
I really need some alcohol right now. My colleague, who owns a ML, asked me, "You know what BMW stands for?" Of course, I gave her some German right away. She said, "Oh, No! It stands for Break My Window!!!!!!!!! [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [mad] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]
Don't worry I have heard that one before... I heard the Bang My Wife one too, phrases usually coined in the ghettos of jealous hearts and minds.

Luckily I am not married. Breathe of freedoms every day with my Bimmers! Going to learn to ride motorcycle w/o somebody's permission... Have my ppo health insurance card ready.

I also read that with this new onset of MB "X" series and X55, that BMW M division is putting together an M'd out X5 and an M'd out X3 so no, BMW has nothing to worry about. MB has constanly stomped BMW's HP to torque ratios and people would still drive a car that has driver car feedback...BMW. People that are loyal to BMW should still be loyal regardless of what Mercedes puts out.

That's great. Those Mercedes-L have roll over feels, and the black ones look like they have caskets inside.

epj3

Stitch said:
Luckily I am not married. Breathe of freedoms every day with my Bimmers! Going to learn to ride motorcycle w/o somebody's permission... Have my ppo health insurance card ready.
Just keep away from cities and you'll be fine!! Oh yea don't ride motorcycle around 3 - 4pm when the kids are getting out of highschool.

epj3 said:
Just keep away from cities and you'll be fine!! Oh yea don't ride motorcycle around 3 - 4pm when the kids are getting out of highschool.
No, I won't go out around 3-4pm. Those are reserved for old ladys, who love to do their grocery shopping in their Buick and Oldsmobile 25/30 mile per hr.

epj3 said:
Once a while, I visit Lancaster, PA though. For fresh fruit & veggie, my type of grocery shopping. BTW, I live right on Lancaster Ave. [;)]