Can P21s wax be applied over NXT wax?

bmw330cic

Dumb question, but here goes:

I backed over my can of p21s wax today, I had just applied p21s the paint cleaner and had waxed the entire car except for the hood. I had to wax the hood with Meguiers nxt as that was all I had left.

So, since nxt is a "synthetic wax" according the the bottle, can I apply P21s over the nxt on the hood next time I wax, or should I apply the p21s cleaner to the hood again and then use the p21s.

Just thought I'd ask before I do something stupid to my BMW.

Thanks, Keith

Let me make sure I understand this properly. You applied the P21S paintwork cleanser to the entire car, and then you waxed all of your car with P21S wax, except for the hood. You then applied the NXT wax to the hood of your car.

What you did was fine. The next time you wax your car, wash your vehicle with Dawn Dish soap to strip off all the old wax, and then apply the P21S car wax to the whole vehicle. The P21S paint cleanser is something you just apply around once a year for a more deep clean.

bmw330cic

Applying carnuba wax over synthetic wax

MrElussive, yes, you understood what happened. Thanks to both you and drwwe for the responses!

-Keith

how about F21 wax...

Hey any of you used F21 wax before? I saw a deal buy 3 get 1 free at the store, so I just wanted to know if any of you recommend it?

excoupe said:
Hey any of you used F21 wax before? I saw a deal buy 3 get 1 free at the store, so I just wanted to know if any of you recommend it?
If you want a good car wax you can buy at any store, Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is good stuff. I believe deutsch100 here uses it on his M3.

MrElussive said:
The next time you wax your car, wash your vehicle with Dawn Dish soap to strip off all the old wax, and then apply the P21S car wax to the whole vehicle. The P21S paint cleanser is something you just apply around once a year for a more deep clean.

Emile,

Dawn Dish soap? WIthout bleach? This will remove all the wax from the car? With no damage to the finish or anything?

Sean

Sean, Dawn dish soap is not something you want to wash your car with every time it's dirty, because it is designed for glass. But the formula in Dawn does strip off the wax without harming the vehicle's paint. I do not know the extent of possible harm/damage over long-term use, but I believe Vlad does a Dawn wash once a month before he waxes his M3. It provides a more thorough cleaning and strips off the old wax (which is the key to applying a new coat). I use Dawn dish soap when I clay bar my car once a year...to tell you the truth I like it better than any car soap out there but as I mentioned before, I am not going to use it on my paint every week. I believe once a month or so is fine, though.