Bmw X5

cs0114

I am looking to buy a BMW X5 V8 here within the next few months, i have recently been searching on programs like AutoTrader.com, and ive found that the resale on these are very low. Is this common for these vehicles, or is there some kind of a problem with them that i havent heard about. From what ive read they start out at 50 or so, sometimes more, but i found a few 2005, and 2003-4s for $16000 and under, some for around $10,000. Now these also have 15,000 miles or less. I just want to make sure they are dependable, and i wont be getting into something that will be in the shop often???

thank you
samantha

First off.... Welcome to the Greatest place on earth.....or at least the web. [welcome]

I need to find these web sites........X5 is a great SAV.........Might want to look at the V8 Vs. Gas prices and that might have something to do with why they are being listed so low.

PS you should go to the BMW Newbie forum and introduce yourself.

welcome aboard Sam,

i wouldn't mind getting an x5 w/ 15k miles or less for under $20k. maybe they were salvaged? if yer serious about purchasing used, i'd get a unlimited carfax reports and go from there.

SCAMMERS. You have to be very careful on Autotrader or wherever you purchase. The X5 has an extremely strong residual value, but there are scammers on Autotrader, eBay, etc. who list a car and VIN # and they offer a great price. When you contact them, they can barely speak English and they ask you to send them a check out of the country. Again, be careful as to which cars are legitimate and which are not...just because there is a VIN # it does not mean the deal is legit...they just steal VIN #'s off of eBay and claim the vehicle to be their own.

cs0114

I would drive or fly to wherever i find the one i want before i send anyone any money. There are a few on here that also have the carfax reports. We will see i guess, I was just shocked that there are sooo many under 20,000 with low miles. Good for me i guess. =)