Anybody Like the Absorber?

Does anyone like the Absorber? I am trying to decide whether to use that or a waffle weave towel. Do the ww towels absorb water well and wring easily?
thanks.

jimwh

MrElussive said:
I use the "Big Blue II" towel from Proper Auto Care. They're not cheap, but they do an amazing job.

Here is the link: http://www.properautocare.com/bigbludryint.html
I'll give that a hearty second. I have 2 and love them to death. I can get about 80% through my car before wringing. On my old Jetta, I could dry the entire car without wringing.

I will admit, they are sooooo good at holding water that they can be difficult to wring really dry, but an old fashioned wringer (like this
) works well. Griot's offers this baby at $160...he's nuts! You could probably find this for around $25 at a flea market!

jimwh

MrElussive said:
jimwh, I usually just my Big Blue towels in the washing machine, and then the dryer. Works like a charm. [;)]
Actually, I do too.

I only want the wringer so that I can wring out the towels while I'm drying the car. I love my waffle weave, but they hold on to water so well they can be hard to wring dry. i probably just need to get a couple more!

Whatever floats your boat...

I've also used the Absorber for years on several different cars and is awesome at removing all the water on your paint if you have soft water. Unfortunately, now I live in a place that has hard water, so after the Absorber I use detailing cloths to remove the fine water streaks that the Absorber leaves. OVerall; excellent product and worth the $10.00!

eScotch

since I found the WW towels my absorber only wipes the engine bay and pilars under the door overlaps. No matter how hard I wring the absorber it just turns drops into webs, especially with a good wax or polish on. I find that if you sheet the water off with a final rinse (pull of the nozzle and just use water straight from the hose) working top to bottom, there is little left to pick up with the WW.