X5 MP3 aux input

vyh

Hi,
Has anybody been successful in connecting the BMW Aux Input to the X5 (mine is 03 4.4) ?
If so:
1. Like it?
2. How to install it ? (especially removing the NAV monitor fascia/trim)?

Thanks
VH

03 X5 4.4 (3500 miles)
99 ML320 (33K miles)
91 LS400 (130K miles)
92 Prelude 4WS Si (55K miles)
91 Galant (135K miles)

vyh said:
Hi,
Has anybody been successful in connecting the BMW Aux Input to the X5 (mine is 03 4.4) ?
If so:
1. Like it?
2. How to install it ? (especially removing the NAV monitor fascia/trim)?

Thanks
VH

03 X5 4.4 (3500 miles)
99 ML320 (33K miles)
91 LS400 (130K miles)
92 Prelude 4WS Si (55K miles)
91 Galant (135K miles)
VH!! Welcome back, talk with one of the site administrators to get your posts number updated (because I forgot what I did)... I see you have successfully made it through the break-in period. So have you punched it yet to experience the true BMW whiplash? Enough of the irrelevant, and down to the question at hand. I have found an excellent website that I'm sure you'll find handy with all of your X5 endeavors. Check HTTP://ziff.net/~adam/x5world/ and please remember to use site in moderation because overdosing is eventual not optional [driving] [burnout] [:D]

vyh

Hi Kierre,
Glad to be back. Should've been back long ago but finally had to ask admin. to help to get back.
1. Only tried up to 110 mph down the freeway. Love the pickup [:D]
2. Will go to the suggested web site. Thanks
3. I am thinking of putting on the tow bar. Any suggestion: OEM or aftermarket?
4. Should I change the oil?

Regards
VH

X5 is to Windows as...

vyh said:
Hi Kierre,
Glad to be back. Should've been back long ago but finally had to ask admin. to help to get back.
1. Only tried up to 110 mph down the freeway. Love the pickup [:D]
2. Will go to the suggested web site. Thanks
3. I am thinking of putting on the tow bar. Any suggestion: OEM or aftermarket?
4. Should I change the oil?

Regards
VH
VH,

Check that same web site for the tow bar. It seems pretty easy to install yourself, and in which case I'd go with OEM and save the BMW man hours to install it.

My personal opinion on the oil is that since it's synthetic oil, I wouldn't worry about it, and let your service intervals dictate when you should change it. I had heard that they burn a lot of oil, but I haven't found that to be true in my case, and as we know the early edition X5s were like Microsoft Windows, (quite buggy) [hihi].