X5 Driver's Seat Tilted Towards Driver's Door

Purchased this wonderful vehicle (2006 X5) as CPO with 20K miles. Began noticing neck and lower back discomfort shortly thereafter. It turns out that the driver's seat is tilted towards the driver's door. It still tilted after the dealer replaced both the bottom seat cushion and the seat frame.

By now I've become very curious about this seat as well as experiencing back and neck discomfort. On a flat road surface I placed a level at three spots on the vehicle, the driver's seat, the front passanger's seat and the rear cargo floor. The bubble was reasonably centered on the passanger seat and cargo floor, but way off center on the driver's seat. I needed to raise the level about 3/4 of an inch before the bubble became centered.

Any tilting due to deterioration of the of the seat cushion should have disapeared when the bottom seat cushion was replaced. Replacing the seat frame covered the possibility that the original frame was the of cause tilting.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I would hate to have to replace this otherwise exemplary vehicle. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions. - Charlie

tilted driver's seat

Hi there,

Do you have electrically operated seats?
If so, perhaps one of the seat height adjusters is jammed, stuck or defective.
You did buy a CPO, so you should take it back to where you bought it and have them look into it.

Hope this helps,
Tiger

Tilted Driver's Seat

Thanks for your responses. I should have been more specific in my description of what the dealer replaced. In addition to the bottom seat cushion, the dealer replaced the seat frame, which includes everything from the rails that mate the frame to the floor, the frame and all the seat adjusting mechanisms.

I will ask the question regarding the seat height adjusters, but what are the odds of two defective sets of adjusters?

Additional thoughts and suggestions welcome. Thanks. - Charlie