Woman arrested after being clocked at 122 mph on I-5

She said, "..she needed to get to work and she didn't realize she was driving so fast." How the heck do not realize you are driving triple digits?[boxface]

Komotv.com

Dan.... it is not really that hard. I cruise at 110mph and that seems a normal speed to me anymore. I hit 140-150 when i am passing people or just driving like an idiot[poke]

Big Daddy

Oh I understand Mike, but you are on the Autobahn and this woman is in the car with her kid on I-5 in south Olympia Washington, she had to be passing cars like they were standing still and the roads there are not that great, 4 lane freeway, 2 in each direction, yikes!

Sorry, I don't buy her excuse at all. There is a huge difference between 60-70 & 120 in cabin noise, visual cues, etc. Yes, I did get "comfortable" and settle in after a few minutes every time I have driven 120 mph on the Autobahn, but it's impossible to be oblivious to the difference.

Big Daddy

Sorry, I don't buy her excuse at all. There is a huge difference between 60-70 & 120 in cabin noise, visual cues, etc. Yes, I did get "comfortable" and settle in after a few minutes every time I have driven 120 mph on the Autobahn, but it's impossible to be oblivious to the difference.
I concur with you 100% Kirby and had not responded thinking maybe the others were pulling my leg. I have heard many an excuse but, officer I thought I was doing the 70 mph speed limit, when in fact your going 50mph over that, she knew!

How can you not realize you are going 122? I have to agree, her speed was excessive and she had a lame excuse to back it up. I wouldn't really care about one person going this fast on a highway, but with a 13-year-old in the car, wtf was she thinking? Where does this chick work that she brings a teenager with her?

Well, I guess I would be guilty too... How many times do I have an !@#$ stuck to my rear bumper, who I blow out of the water once I got the cavalry going,.. and yes, often, I look up at my speed, and ho, yes, it is way in the triple digits...

By the way, why are you all uptight about it? is it because it was a woman... LOL... just kidding[thumb]