Which Flat Panel LCD Monitor?

Which Monitor Brand do you recomm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Daddy

My Sony monitor died today, bad inverter, $170.00 plus shipping to repair. It was a good monitor at the time: 400cd/m2, 1280x1024 Res, 17 inch TFT. Now the question is do I repair or replace it? I would like to upgrade to a 22inch and am hearing good things about the Samsung 226BW widescreen model, 2ms response, 3000:1 contrast ratio, 300cd/m2, 1680X1059 res. I do not game much, but do use it for web surfing, photo editing and video. Anyone with any experience with Samsung? I looked at an LG today and was not pleased with the picture quality. What do you think?

Tom

Staff Team
ViewSonic gets my vote.

Sometimes you can find good deals on Dell from eBay. People would buy these monitor/computer bundles at crazy discounts and then sell them seperately on eBay.

I have been buying Samsung LCD screens (17" & 19") for my company and our customers for several years. I'm guessing that it's close to 100 monitors now. I have seen no failures at all.

I have a Dell 24" (2405FPW) flat-panel widescreen LCD monitor at my computer at home and it works very well. At the office, I have a ViewSonic 20" widescreen LCD and I find that to have an extremely sharp picture. My vote went to Dell....my next monitor for my home PC (which I use primarily for gaming) will be a Dell once again.