Tell me about your X3!

rory said:
The X5 3.0i DOES NOT have more power than an X3 3.0i. Figures don't lie.
If you still think they look the same on paper, wait til' you get them on pavement. Life is too short not to experience as much as we can ~ Enjoy!

3.0i or 2.5i.........doesn't really matter, they both top out at 129 mph (limited) The 0-60 times are not that different, and I know someone will say that a second and a half is alifetime when it comes to 0-60 times.....true, but not in an SAV. Those of us who bought the X series Bimmers, obviously did not but then for their outstanding 0-60 times.

There could be several explainable reasons why Stitch felt that the X5 was more powerful, she mentions them above, but I would like to expand on it:

- Automatic transmission programming - It's almost certain that they do not use the same program and perhaps automatic transmission, and things like clutch pack engagement, torque converter lockup, etc. have alot to do with the "feel" of a vehicle.

- Tires - brand, compound, and most importantly inflation. For all we know the X3 she drove had soft, squishy, under-inflated tires.

And she did say it was "a feeling from her waist" meaning that it was a subjective opinion....

Kirby said:
There could be several explainable reasons why Stitch felt that the X5 was more powerful, she mentions them above, but I would like to expand on it:

- Automatic transmission programming - It's almost certain that they do not use the same program and perhaps automatic transmission, and things like clutch pack engagement, torque converter lockup, etc. have alot to do with the "feel" of a vehicle.

- Tires - brand, compound, and most importantly inflation. For all we know the X3 she drove had soft, squishy, under-inflated tires.

And she did say it was "a feeling from her waist" meaning that it was a subjective opinion....
Thank a lot for your understanding Kirby! You know, reading too much of those McGraw Hill and Wiley text books makes me sound a little bit like them. I read a lot of Roundel & Bimmers too. [hihi]