rainsensing wipers

slice126

hey,
this is my first BMW X3 and i thought that the wipers would automatically sense rain whenevr water hit the frontwindow. Howevr, I need to turn on the wipers manually (by flipping the little switch on the right) so they can actually work. Is this the way its supposed to be or not?

yes, rainsensing wipers are designed to mainly function to set different rates on how fast the water is hitting hte windshield, the more and faster, the faster the wipers preform to the max, in order to have it work the flip must be switced at hte first one on the wiper setting and the little knobon it changes the sensor to quickly how fast it responds, i hope this helped you out.

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
You can have them "programmed" to come on by themselves like everything else in the car.

Also you what to make sure they reprogramming the interval level they set them at. By default they are about mid-level which means even the slightest rain they will “wipe”, there is no need for that, have them set on the lowest level and when it rains more the wipers will speed up, I don’t know why the make them so sensitive seeing the fact that the windshield is treated and the water just runs off. It is a great feature though.