power steerig reservoir cap O-ring?

ssokolich

HI All,

My power steering filler cap has a slight leak. Upon inspection I noticed there's no o-ring seal inside the cap. And it looks like it should have one. Does anyone know if it should? I've checked some BMW part sites for the diagram. And so far in the diagrams I've found I don't see an o-ring that is supposed to go into the cap.

Last edited:

ssokolich

I finally found the o-ring part number. And ordered it. When I got it I checked the part number and it matched the on-line order. I checked with the parts person and they confirmed it was the right part for my 2008 M6. However, it's too small. It won't fit all they way down on the cap. To the point that I can't even screw down the power steering cap with the o-ring installed. So I ended up ordering an o-ring based on the diameter and thickness it needs. And that worked out fine. I ordered a pack of 10. So if anyone is looking for an o-ring that will work on your 2005-2010 BMW M6 let me know. The ones I ordered are 1-7/8" ID, 2" OD, and 1/16" thick. A slightly smaller ld would work. But these work.