My X3: Before and After

rory

Just added the sport steering wheel today. Here are some before and after pics:

I also added the aluminum trim recently as seen in the pictures.

rory

Actually, I would have had to wait another 3 months to get the sport package. I got my car in March 04, 3months after I ordered it at the end of December. Didn't want to wait till June for the car. The only regrets not getting the sport package now is the sport seats since I now have 19" rims, H&R springs and the sport steering wheel (pretty much everything the sport package offers).

MrElussive said:
Sounds awesome! How is the handling with the new springs?
Apparently the 2004 non sport package suspension is already stiffer than the 2005 models and a lot of people didn't enjoy the jittery ride, but being an enthusiast, I loved the handling. After the H&Rs and 19 inch wheels, and along with the X-drive, it handles like it's on rails without much roll either. I also feel highway handling sensitivity has increased overall. It's a more of a bumpier drive on a daily basis but it's well worth it.

Compared to the OEM sport suspension offered by BMW, it's lower and significantly stiffer.

spyroboy said:
What did you have for your gas pedal?
I have a set of AC Schnitzer Pedals. I haven't gotten around to installing the brake and foot rest yet because you have to drill through metal for the brake pedal and I have yet to buy a metal drill bit. That's why you see the gas pedal installed and not the rest. [rolleyes]