Car shampoo help needed

epj3

I've been using Orange blast car soap for a while now - it does a great job at removing pretty much everything - including wax. I was wondering what everyone else uses or reccomends? (...meaning those who have quite a bit of detailing experience...or those who've considered buying a porter cable buffer [hihi]).

I've been using carnauba wax and like it a lot more than the meguiars synthetic stuff I used to use.

Thanks!

I use Kitten carwash solution which protects the polish on my car. Not sure if you guys have that in the US. When I polish my car - twice a year - I use Kitten Polishing Cream which is a No.1 solution (No.3 being cut and polish).

Tom

Staff Team

I used to use Zipwax, but now I've switched to Meguiar's Shampoo Plus. Brighter shine and it seems to clean off road tar much better.

epj3

Tom said:

I used to use Zipwax, but now I've switched to Meguiar's Shampoo Plus. Brighter shine and it seems to clean off road tar much better.
That's what Emile said too.... I think I'll try it out.

Thanks everyone [:)]

Been using Meguiars Gold Class car wash for years and it really works well. It takes bugs off great but you have to wet them with it for a few minutes before wiping them off. The car has a nice shine when finished (I just did it this weekend and it looks great).

I also use Dawn before claying and waxing.

[driving2]