BMW USA Customer Relations reply re. X5 Radio reception

vyh

CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 2003 X5. We hope your BMW is serving you well. The BMW center was correct to advise you that the RDS (Radio Data System) is disabled. I am also sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the AM radio reception. Regrettably, no adjustment can be made to change the reception in your BMW.
> If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for choosing BMW.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tricia Young
> Customer Relations and Services
> Representative
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: Unhappy X5 Customer
> Sent: 6/2/2005 12:00:00 AM
> To: CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com
> Subject: 2003 X5 4.4 (with NAV) radio reception and song title display problem
>
> Hello,
> I bought a new 2003 X5 4.4 from BMW Motorwerks in Bloomington MN in 2003. Since new, the radio reception has not been working quite right in its reception quality or picking up radio stations. The dealer advised me to store the favorite stations and use the memory buttons rather than tuning. This is NOT acceptable to me. Also, they told me that my car model software does not work correctly in displaying the song title and the artist on the display unit. Therefore, they disable it and told me that they do the same for all new cars. Is this true?
> Thank you
> Unhappy Customer
>
>
>
Hello,
I would like to ask for your thought on the fact that I spent nearly $60,000 on this vehicle and right from the start, this problem existed and yet I had not been advised. What could BMW do for me on this inconvenience for such a quite considerable outlay on the brand-name manufacturer?
Thank you so much for your prompt assistance
Unhappy Customer

chi_chi

You should ask your local BMW service department to check if the antenna is connected. When I bought my 2001 330i, I also had radio reception problem. It turned out that the antenna was not connected.

Good luck.

vyh said:
CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 2003 X5. We hope your BMW is serving you well. The BMW center was correct to advise you that the RDS (Radio Data System) is disabled. I am also sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the AM radio reception. Regrettably, no adjustment can be made to change the reception in your BMW.
> If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for choosing BMW.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tricia Young
> Customer Relations and Services
> Representative
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: Unhappy X5 Customer
> Sent: 6/2/2005 12:00:00 AM
> To: CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com
> Subject: 2003 X5 4.4 (with NAV) radio reception and song title display problem
>
> Hello,
> I bought a new 2003 X5 4.4 from BMW Motorwerks in Bloomington MN in 2003. Since new, the radio reception has not been working quite right in its reception quality or picking up radio stations. The dealer advised me to store the favorite stations and use the memory buttons rather than tuning. This is NOT acceptable to me. Also, they told me that my car model software does not work correctly in displaying the song title and the artist on the display unit. Therefore, they disable it and told me that they do the same for all new cars. Is this true?
> Thank you
> Unhappy Customer
>
>
>
Hello,
I would like to ask for your thought on the fact that I spent nearly $60,000 on this vehicle and right from the start, this problem existed and yet I had not been advised. What could BMW do for me on this inconvenience for such a quite considerable outlay on the brand-name manufacturer?
Thank you so much for your prompt assistance
Unhappy Customer

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I'm so sorry to read you are unhappy with our service. We'd like the opportunity to review your problem. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA National Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.