3M Swirl and scratch remover?

epj3

My e34's trunk and hood seems as if someone drug some high grit sand paper over it. Not horrible but it makes it look so dull. Has anyone ever used the 3m stuff, or have a reccomendation of what to use? I've used meguiars but it just ended up looking a little more polished, didn't do much more.

Thanks [:)]

So basically you want to restore the sexiness, right?

Basically, there is no easy way to do this and there are many different approaches. For example, in my situation, I started with 3M Rubbing Compound. Then I moved on to 3M Swirl Mark Remover (glaze), and then I topped it off with the Zaino auto polish. But in your case, since your paint is old, you don't really want to start with the Rubbing Compound.

I think you should start by doing a Dawn wash and then clay-barring the dull areas of your paint to remove all of the contaminants and the other dirty stuff. After that, you have lots of different options. You have use a good 3M hand-applied Glaze and top that off with a coat of wax or auto polish. Or you could try using the Einszett Extra Paintwork Cleaner. Einszett is not very popular in the US, but they are a great company.

Check this link out. It is from 3M and you just click on your paint's condition/problems and 3M tells you what products to use:
http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/aad/solutions/enthusiast.jhtml